PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE & FEES
Private Medical Insurance
Dr Corr is recognised by all major private health insurance companies in the UK which include AXA PPP, Bupa, Helix Health, PruHealth and Simply Health.
If you have private medical insurance, there are certain steps that you must complete to ensure that your claim is correctly processed. You may have seen your GP before making an appointment with Dr Corr or you may have phoned her direct – but before seeing her for a consultation, or having any treatment from her, you must:
- Contact your insurance company before your appointment so that they can check your policy to see what it covers and so that you can obtain a pre-authorisation code or claim number.
- When you see Dr Corr, give her office the letter or reference number from the insurer. You don’t have to do anything else now, as they will send an invoice direct to the insurer and the payment will be made from the insurer direct to Dr Corr.
- Reference numbers: sometimes insurers will give you a reference number that covers that particular condition or treatment for at least 12 months – sometimes you have to go back to your insurer to get another reference number. Always check direct with your insurer. If you need further treatment, you’ll need it pre-approved again though most insurers.
- If Dr Corr recommends treatment at another facility or private hospital, you will need to get authorisation / pre-approval for that treatment from your insurer. You will need to give the pre-authorisation details direct to the facility or hospital who will arrange payment direct with the insurer.
- Please note: Payments that are made by your insurer are considered to be a contribution towards the cost of treatment. The final responsibility for payment lies with the patient – and you will be able to find out from your insurer at the outset what they cover and if there is any shortfall that you will have to fund it yourself.
Missed appointments: If you need to reschedule or cancel any appointment with Dr Corr, we would be grateful if you would please contact us as soon as possible. We regret that appointments missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice may incur a fee of £100 and this is not eligible for reimbursement by your insurer.
Self-funding patients are kindly requested to settle their account at the time of service.
Dr Laura Corr: Consultation Price List
- The fee for an initial consultation will not exceed £325 and the fee for any follow-up consultation will not exceed £250. Please note BUPA patients are covered for outpatient care and procedures in full unless there is an outpatient limit on your particular policy. AXA PPP has recently revised their contribution to medical fees and patients may need to confirm their level of reimbursement. If you have any problems or queries about fees, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the office.
- Fees for a re-referral consultation will not exceed £325 and are applicable if a patient was discharged and has been re-referred, or has not been seen for more than two years.
- If Dr Corr carries out an ECG during your appointment, her fee for this will not exceed £100. Please note Chelsea Outpatients may add a surcharge.
- Telephone consultations are available on request and will not exceed £100.
- Consultation fees include all subsequent telephone and written correspondence with other doctors involved in your care if necessary and correspondence with your referring doctor. A letter summarising your appointment will be sent to you following your consultation.
- Outpatient test fees are available on request.
- If you would like to reschedule or cancel your appointment, we would be grateful if you would contact us as soon as possible. We regret that appointments missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice may incur a fee of £100. This is not eligible for reimbursement by your insurer.
Please phone the office on 020 7580 7582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org